At Future Scotland our customers are the most important part of our business. That’s why we make sure that we have all the relevant and up-to-date accreditations.
Gas Safe Register
All of our installers are Gas Safe Registered and fully insured with Public Liability Insurance of up to £2 million. We guarantee that your home will be left as we found and no damage will be made to your property.
Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It replaced CORGI. Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
Protect yourself from the dangers by following these simple steps:
- Trust the Triangle – only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your appliances
- Get your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year
- All Gas Safe registered engineers carry a Gas Safe Register ID card. Before any gas work is carried out always check the card and make sure the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm
- Know the six main signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.
- Check for warning signs such as lazy yellow flames or black marks and stains around the appliance. This could be an indication that your appliance is not working correctly and you should get it checked.
- If you suspect anyone is carrying out gas work illegally, report them to Gas Safe Register.
If you have had gas work done in your property in the last six months, you can nominate it for a free gas safety inspection. For more information and to find and check a Gas Safe registered engineer go to www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
Future Scotland and all of our customers are protected by IWA Insurance (Independent Warranty Association), the most trusted Deposit & Guarantee protection in the UK. This means that if for any reason Future Scotland ceased to trade our Insurance Backed Guarantee is there to protect your investment.
Safeguarding customers’ interests since 1985, IWA have built up an outstanding reputation for trust, honesty and support, whilst raising the bar for standards within our industry. They protect our customers’ investments and properties by accrediting only carefully selected professional trades people with a proven history of delivering excellent customer satisfaction.
For more information on IWA please visit http://www.iwa.biz